The Original Homemade Recipe to Cream of Mushroom Soup
Homemade Recipe from Scratch
Cream of Mushroom Soup made easy
This is an easy to follow, original recipe to the best homemade cream of mushroom soup ever!
The Original Recipe
Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
The Original Recipe to Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup from Scratch
*Please Note: This original homemade recipe to cream of mushroom soup is actually a recipe to “mushroom soup made easy” from scratch.
“Never eat Cream of Mushroom Soup from a can again!”
DID YOU KNOW? There are approx. 38,000 different varieties of mushrooms in the world. 3,000 of those come from North America.
A Mushroom Biography
The Origin of the Mushroom
Actually, there is “documented proof” that edible mushrooms have been around for only about one thousand years, but it’s known that mushrooms have been around for much longer. Most mushrooms are very poisonous with a mortality rate of 60%, that include symptoms of sudden cold sweats, cramps, diarrhea, confusion, convulsions, and eating toxic mushrooms may even cause severe liver damage.
Never eat a wild mushroom, UNLESS you are an expert in the field. Always purchase your mushrooms from a well known “respected” mushroom distributor.
Although mushrooms can be found all over the world, it was China that first recorded using edible mushrooms. In fact, the Shiitake mushroom is used as a cancer treatment, found mostly in East Asia.
Please, please…PLEASE, rate this recipe!
You may use an egg slicer to slice the mushrooms, or just do it the old fashion way – use a knife, just be careful.
Original Ingredients for Cream of Mushroom Soup
- One stick of butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup of shallots, chopped
- 3/4 cup of yellow onions, diced
- 1 cup of half & half
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 12 tablespoons of flour, heaping TBS
- 4 cups of button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ground black pepper, to taste
Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup made easy from Scratch
The original recipe to the BEST Cream of Mushroom Soup is also “easy-to-follow”
Don’t be discouraged when you’re following this recipe, it’s actually very easy to follow. Other recipes for cream of mushroom soup usually call for a specific product – you won’t find that here.
I guarantee that once you follow this recipe you won’t ever want to eat cream of mushroom soup from a can again.
This is the MOST basic (correct) recipe for cream of mushroom soup you will find on the Internet. Don’t be fooled by other recipes from more popular websites…honest, this is it!
The Original, Homemade Recipe for Cream of Mushroom Soup
Don’t use an aluminium stock pot when sauteing the mushrooms, this will cause the mushrooms to discolor and can quite possibly stain/ruin the stock pot.
Save your Vegetable Scraps for your Compost Pile
When you are cutting your vegetables, don’t throw away useful and valuable nutrients – save those scraps. Save all raw vegetable scraps for your compost pile for future gardens.
Never use an aluminium stock pot to saute mushrooms.
Stock pots are very useful
Amazon Price: $19.99
Amazon Price: $14.99
Instructions to make Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Add a stick of butter into a clean empty stock pot over medium heat & melt butter
- Before butter is completely melted, add shalot and yellow onion and mix
- Add the mushrooms slowly, letting them them cook somewhat and then adding a little more…then a little more..and then little more… (get it?)
- Make sure you’re constantly stirring, don’t want to burn. Lower heat a little if need be.
- Whisk together 6 cups of chicken stock & 12 heaping TBS of flour in seperate bowl and add to mushroom & onions in stock pot with one cup of half & half.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
|CONCORD Stainless Steel Stock Pot w/ Basket. Heavy Kettle. Cookware for Boiling
Current Bid: $57.00
|ANOLON Stainless Steel 12 Qt Stock Pot & Pasta Insert Professional Chef Quality
Current Bid: $24.97